Thursday, March 19, 2015

Speed Advising?

The Chronicle of Higher Education
March 19th, 2015


I have been an academic adviser for the past 12 years at a variety of institutions, public and private, two-year and four-year. Academic advising on those campuses varied greatly in practice and protocol, but they all shared one primary challenge: time. There was never enough of it, especially during peak advising times, to meet the needs of all students seeking guidance.
In my first advising job, I was one of two full-time academic advisers for approximately 5,000 students. In my second job, I was one of six for roughly 18,000 students. And now, I am one of eight academic advisers for about 14,000 students.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To eliminate spam comments at restricted to registered users. Additionally, all posts are moderated to further prevent spam and off topic discourse. We strive to post all on topic comments.