Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The Worst That Can Happen

Inside Higher Ed
October 3rd, 2014

Recently, I have had two sources of stress in my life. One was the knowledge that my visiting assistant professor appointment at my alma mater, St. Lawrence University, is coming to a close, necessitating my return to the academic job market.
The other was the fact that I was out of refills on my prescription for the synthetic thyroid drug levothyroxine. This is a pill I have to take every day, and the fact that I was out of refills meant that I would have to go to visit a doctor’s office.

 I don’t really like going to the doctor’s office. I was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma in 1998, when I was 21, and the disease came back twice before remissions seemed to stick in the spring of 2000.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To eliminate spam comments at restricted to registered users. Additionally, all posts are moderated to further prevent spam and off topic discourse. We strive to post all on topic comments.